We are a specialist service providing therapy support to help people deal with the emotional impact of their health condition and/or its treatment.
The diagnosis and treatment of a health condition often brings a number of challenges and life changes that are naturally difficult to deal with and sometimes difficult thoughts and feelings can impact on day-to-day life, mood and relationships in a way that feels unmanageable.
When this happens, some people find it helpful to speak to a professional who has an understanding of the psychological effects of a wide range of health conditions in a confidential setting.
Common concerns people might have include:
- Adjusting to illness, injury or medication
- Feeling low, upset or angry after a diagnosis
- Fears about the future
- Worry or anxiety
- Dealing with stress
- Low mood or depression
- Fears about treatment such as taking medication or procedures
- Dealing with the impact of health conditions on relationships
- Sexual intimacy
- Grief and loss
- Decisions about treatment