The Accessible Information Standard (AIS) is a new national standard that all organisations providing NHS or adult social care are required to implement.
The AIS ensures that patients, carers and parents of patients, and visitors who have a disability or sensory loss receive information they can access and understand. We strive to ensure that information is given in the appropriate format and all patient information is produced according to the accessible standards set by the UK Association for Accessible Formats. This includes:
- large font patient letters and patient information leaflets
- verbal and visual communication support
- patient information and patient letters in braille
- email and text reminders
- personalised communication for people with a learning disability
- communication support using the ‘This is me’ leaflet for people who have dementia
- hearing loops at our sites
If you have a specific communication need, please call the service under which you are being treated. You can find contact details on your appointment letter or on the services pages of this website.