Our Annual Members Meeting/Annual General Meeting took place on Monday 31st October 2022. Learn more and view the videos.
As a member, you will have a say in the future of your hospital and help us to shape hospital services to best meet the needs of the community.
The Trust has developed a Membership Plan which sets out the actions that it will take to engage with members of the local community. The core objectives of the plan for 2022 are:
View our Membership Plan 2022 (PDF).
Membership is free, and open to anyone aged 16 and above. By becoming a member, you choose if and when you get involved.
As a member, you can:
- Elect Governors to represent you on the Council of Governors
- Help us shape our plans for the future through engagement and member events
- Receive regular information about what we are doing
- Benefit from discounts on many products and services with the Health Service Discounts scheme
- Stand for election to the Council of Governors
Membership of Bradford Teaching Hospitals is divided into constituencies. Each constituency votes for its representatives on the Council of Governors. The constituencies are:
- Bradford East
- Bradford South
- Bradford West
- Rest of England and Wales (have not been treated by our Trust but live outside of the BMDC area)
- Out of Bradford (have been treated by our Trust and live outside of the BMDC area)
An individual who is employed by the Trust under a contract of employment is automatically enrolled as a staff member in one of the below constituencies:
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Allied Health Professionals and Scientists
- Medical and Dental
- All other staff (Admin & Clerical, Estates & Ancillary and, Additional Clinical Services)
Your details will be held in accordance with the current Data Protection Act.
Whilst Members have the ability to influence the developments of the Trust, they do not get preferential treatment as patients – this is determined on clinical need.
We encourage as many people from our constituencies as possible to become members to fully reflect the diversity of our community in terms of its geography, as well as gender, ethnicity, health status and social economic groupings.