Five new governors have been elected to support Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as part of its Council or Governors.
Following a successful election campaign, the Trust is pleased to announce the appointments below:
- Dr John Bolton, Staff: Medical and Dental
- Sister Raquel Licas, Staff: Nursing and Midwifery
- Khalid Choudhry, Public Governor Keighley
- Public Governor Bradford East – to be announced once preliminary checks are complete
- Kathryn Simons-Porter, Public Governor Bradford East
Trust Chairman, Dr Maxwell Mclean, said: “I’m delighted to welcome our new governors to the Council. All five of them bring a wealth of experience and will undoubtedly play a vital role in representing the interests of our Foundation Trust members and the local communities we serve.
“I would like to thank all the candidates who put their name forward in this election; and to everyone who used their voice and voted.”
The role of the Council of Governors is to represent the interests of Bradford Teaching Hospitals’ service users, local communities and its Foundation Trust members and to hold the non-executive directors to account for the performance of the Board.
For further information on the Council of Governors visit: https://www.bradfordhospitals.nhs.uk/our-trust/how-we-make-decisions/