Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Thank you NAME we have now received your self-referral. Please do not make another self-referral as we will contact you within 14 days to start your maternity care. If you have any problems, pain or bleeding please contact your GP surgery, NHS 111 Service or A&E if very urgent.
It is recommended that you take 0.4mg folic acid daily as early as possible in your pregnancy to help with your baby’s nervous system development. These are readily available in pharmacies and supermarkets.
INVOLVING YOU TO IMPROVE OUR SERVICES
This online form is a new way to get in touch with Maternity Services, we value your feedback and would like to hear what you think about this self-referral form. Help us to improve our service by answering 5 short questions by HERE. Thank you.
This means you can receive additional FREE support throughout your pregnancy, birth and beyond
Whether or not this is your first pregnancy, Better Start Bradford’s dedicated project teams can support you with everything from:
- Birthing plans and preferences
- Accompanying you to appointments
- Practical and emotional support during your pregnancy journey, including antenatally, during the birth and postnatally
- Listening to you about any worries or anxieties you have about your pregnancy or becoming a parent
- Feeding advice and preparation, plus breastfeeding and infant feeding support after birth
- Building your confidence
- English language skills
- Practical support in the home
- Signposting to other local services
They can even help you meet and connect with other local families, helping you build local support networks.
If you already have children aged 0-3, Better Start Bradford has lots offer you: