Bradford Dietitians have undertaken a thorough review of our adult direct-access out-patient service and are pleased to present new referral criteria. We have focused on providing:
- A range of specialist high quality, safe and effective dietetic services
- Improved access to our services and timely nutritional interventions for the patients where we can have the most impact.
- Services based on clinical conditions and not place of residence
To refer to BTHFT Nutrition and Dietetic Services, search for ‘IDCR E-Referral to BTHFT Dietetics’ in SystmOne.
Our newly designed referral template allows you to quickly select the dietetic service you wish to refer to.
Don’t forget – your adult patients who are under the care of the following teams can access BTHFT Dietitians who work as part of these specialist services:
- Learning Disabilities Service within BDCFT
- Mental Health In-patient Service within BDCFT
- BTHFT Nutrition Team
- BTHFT Bariatric Service
- BTHFT Home Enteral Feeding Dietetic Service
- Proactive Care Team operating within primary care networks 4, 5 and 6
- Diabetes Specialist Dietetic Service across primary and secondary care
For other conditions where there is no dietetic service currently:
Please follow the Malnutrition Management Pathway available on SystmOne via ASSIST > Gastro I Hepatology > Malnutrition Management (BFD) or Malnutrition Management (AWC)
Please refer to CONNECT or CAMHS eating disorder services
We recognise that we cannot currently offer services for every specialty and that demand for dietetic support is ever increasing in community and primary care. The Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme in the current GP contract provides an opportunity for PCNs to access funding for dietitians. We are keen to work with you to support the development of the role of PCN dietitians; particularly how they can work together with existing dietetic services to meet the increasing demand most effectively.
Head of Dietetics
Tel. 01274 365108
Tel. 01274 365108