Gynaecological cancers include ovarian (also fallopian tube and primary peritoneal), uterine, cervical, vulval and vaginal cancers.
All patients with a confirmed cancer are allocated a Gynaecological Cancer Nurse Specialist or a Cancer Care Coordinator. The aim of the specialist gynaecological cancer service is to deliver high quality holistic care for patients.
The Cancer Nurse Specialists Team offer:
- A direct line to the specialist team
- Information about your cancer; investigations, treatment, or advice about any symptoms you may be experiencing
- Support for you, your relatives and carers
- Referral to Community Nursing Teams, such as the District Nurses or Palliative Care Team
- Referral to professionals who can offer specialist advice such as benefits, social services or complimentary therapies
- Advice for any concerns or symptoms
- Continued emotional support when treatment is finished