Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has a designated Diabetes and Endocrine Department located in the Duke of York Wing at Bradford Royal Infirmary.
It provides multidisciplinary outpatient and day-case services to adults with diabetes and endocrine disorders, as well as support and advice in the care of inpatients with diabetes and other endocrine problems.
The Diabetes Team provides a service for patients with newly diagnosed diabetes as well as established diabetes. We offer the following specialist services to patients:
- insulin pump service
- renal diabetes clinics and support
- adolescent and young adult diabetes service
- diagnosis and treatment of rare and atypical forms of diabetes
- services for patients with complex diabetes-related problems
- services for pregnancy and pre-pregnancy planning
- diabetic foot ulcer service
- diabetes education programmes
These services are provided by a multidisciplinary team comprising doctors, nurses, dietitians, podiatrists and psychologists.
Advice, support and information is also provided to other healthcare professionals, and to families and carers.