Cancer Support Yorkshire is located across the road from Bradford Royal Infirmary’s main entrance (Smith Lane, opposite Gate 6), and offers practical and emotional support to people affected by cancer.
The registered charity provides free guidance and support on everything from transport to welfare rights and finances, also offering counselling, complementary therapies and a range of classes and groups. They can also signpost you to relevant agencies and groups. Advice and support is confidential and free to access.
Example classes include:
- MEDITATION – This is a technique to help you calm your mind when it is busy and, to help you to deal with worries and concerns.
- WELFARE RIGHTS – Our Welfare Rights team can help you with financial concerns, blue badge application forms and benefit enquiries which you may have.
- ART FOR WELLBEING – This is using art as a therapy, e.g. though making collages, painting pebbles.
- MENS GROUP – A forum for men to express themselves in relation to how cancer has impacted on their life. Include peer support and advice.
- COLOUR YOUR DREAMS – This group is to support children (aged 5+) through meditation and art to come to terms with the stress of a family member affected by a cancer diagnosis.
- AND MANY MORE
Call 01274 776688 or visit https://cancersupportyorkshire.org.uk/ for more information and an up to date timetable of activities.