Accident & Emergency
The Accident and Emergency (casualty) department is housed in a purpose-built up-to-date department at the Bradford Royal Infirmary.
- We are one of the busiest A&E departments in the country. This year we expect to see and treat 120,000 patients
- The department has a consultant-led service with availability 24 hours every day.
- The department has excellent assessment and resuscitation facilities.
- There is a specially designed children’s area away from the main adult department
- There is a primary care team during out-of-hours (weekends and evenings) for patients attending who do not need to be seen by an A&E doctor.
- The department operates a number of condition specific pathways for example asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), fractured neck of femur (thigh bone)
- We have a number of specially trained emergency nurse practitioners who see treat and discharge patients with a range of minor injuries
- There are a number of psychiatric liaison nurses based in the department
Bradford Royal Infirmary
The entrance to A&E is accessed from Duckworth Lane behind the bus stop area.
View the precise location on Google Maps streetview.
Our contact details can be found on the Contact Us page.
Please click on the links below for more details