Accident & Emergency
The Accident and Emergency (casualty) department is housed in a purpose-built up-to-date department at the Bradford Royal Infirmary.
- We are one of the busiest A&E departments in the country. This year we expect to see and treat 120,000 patients
- The department has a consultant-led service with availability 24 hours every day.
- The department has excellent assessment and resuscitation facilities.
- There is a specially designed children’s area away from the main adult department
- There is a primary care team during out-of-hours (weekends and evenings) for patients attending who do not need to be seen by an A&E doctor.
- The department operates a number of condition specific pathways for example asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), fractured neck of femur (thigh bone)
- We have a number of specially trained emergency nurse practitioners who see treat and discharge patients with a range of minor injuries
- There are a number of psychiatric liaison nurses based in the department
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Please click on the links below for more details