About our Foundation Trust Membership
Information regarding membership with the Trust.
We became a foundation trust on April 1 2004 – among the very first
in the NHS to do so - and employ just over 5,200 staff, serving a
population of around 500,000. We also have one of the largest
membership bases in the country with approximately 50,000 members,
which equates to 12% of the eligible local population.
As a Foundation Trust we are directly accountable to our local population, the users of our services, our staff and our partner organisations rather than to the Department of Health. We are able to keep any surpluses we make and chose how to reinvest those surpluses into our services for the direct benefit of the users of our services.
Would you like to become a member?
Click here to join on-line
As a member you can just receive our membership magazine and vote in our Governor elections (once every three years) – how active you want to be is entirely up to you!
- Our Staff members are automatically co-opted into membership at the start of their permanent employment unless they chose to opt out.
- Our Public members are over 16 years and live within the BMDC (Bradford Metropolitan District Council Area).
- Our Patient members are over 16 years, live outside of the BMDC area and have, at some time, accessed one or more of the services provided by our Foundation Trust.
Have your membership card at the ready and you too have access to our members’ special benefits package
- Pay the same price as staff in our restaurants (providing savings of up to 40%)
- Access ‘NHS discounts online’ (a dedicated website for NHS staff offering great bargains on insurance, electrical goods, fashion, holidays and much more.)
- Take advantage of specially negotiated rates for our members at a range of local businesses courtesy of Medicare.
Our Council of Govenors
We have 19 Governors (the majority of whom are elected from our membership groups). Governors represent the interests of our members, the local population and the users of our services.
How to Contact us
Write: Foundation Trust Membership Office, Trust Headquarters, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane, Bradford BD9 6RJ.
Phone: 0800 731 0319 (freephone membership helpline)
Email - email@example.com