CPD & Training Department
The CPD & Training department delivers a service which supports colleagues in practice by providing training that is responsive to the needs of the Trust ensuring it is equitable, accessible and fair to all.
Overview of Department
The CPD and Training department consists of ten staff that deliver or assist in the preparation of courses within the Trust. We provide education and training to staff on a wide variety of courses and issues to include clinical, generic and NVQ skills courses. We are a designated NVQ centre in Health and Social Care and a range of specialist subjects.
Continuous professional development (CPD) and training is essential to ensure that all staff develop the skills required to meet the ongoing needs of the Trust. This fits in with the Trust corporate strategy of having the right staff, with the right training, in the right place at the right time.
The department has a dedicated administrative support team who are available to help should you have any queries.
The attached document offers assistance with identifying appropriate Leadership Training for your level and role: Matrix to Identify Leadership Training and Development Available for Staff at BTHFT
Courses are available to external candidates/ organisations, please contact the department for more details.
- Basic ECG and cardiac monitoring
- Central line management
- HCA Essential observations and MEWS
- HCA Essential skills
- HCA Patient escort following intervention
- Intravenous drug administration and Alaris pumps
- Non Medical Consent
- Safe administration of medicines and blood products
- Urethral catheterisation
- Venepuncture and Cannulation
Development Courses for All:
- Appraisals for Appraisee
- Appraisals for Appraisor
- Career Management
- Change and Personal Resilience
- Communication Skills for All
- Communication Skills for Managers
- Customer Care for Internal Customers
- Customer Care for Patients, Relatives and Carers
- Effective Meetings Management
- Email Management
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Introduction to Management
- Leadership and Management Development
- Managing Difficult Situations for Managers
- Managing Difficult Situations with Patients, Relatives and Carers
- Note Taking and Minute Writing
- Personal Development and Performance
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Stress Awareness
- Stress Management for Managers
- Team Development
- Time Management
- When Things Go Wrong - Complaints
For further information on each course please click on the following link.
How to book courses
For internal colleagues please log into SumTotal via the Intranet or contact CPD and Training reception on (01274) 383535
Courses are also provided to external candidates/ organisations. If you are interested in booking onto one of the courses and to discuss costs, availability and your needs please contact CPD & Training Reception on (01274) 383535