Our council of governors
The council of governors consists of elected members and appointed individuals who represent members and other stakeholder organisations. The 2006 and 2012 HSC Acts set out governors' various statutory responsibilities.
Governors statutory duties and responsibilities
- Appoint and/or remove the chairman and non-executive directors
- Set the terms and conditions of remuneration of the chairman and non-executive directors
- Approve the appointment of the chief executive
- Appoint the external auditor
- Receive the annual accounts, auditor's report and annual report
- Convene the annual members' meeting
- Be consulted on the forward plans (annual plan) of the organisation
- Approve any proposed increases in private patient income of 5 per cent or more in any financial year
- May require one or more of the directors to attend a council of governors' meeting to obtain information about the foundation trust's performance of its functions or the directors' performance of their duties (and for deciding whether to propose a vote on the foundation trust's or directors' performance)
- Approve 'significant transactions' (as defined in the foundation trust's constitution)
- Approve an application by the foundation trust to enter into a merger, acquisition, separation or dissolution
- Approve amendments to the foundation trust's constitution
- Represent the interests of the members of the foundation trust as a whole and the interests of the public
- Public governors
- Staff governors
- Partner governors
- Patient (out of Bradford) governors
Thursday, 18 January 2018, 3.30 to 5.30pm
Lecture Theatre, Listening for Life Centre, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane, Bradford, BD9 6RJ
Contacting the governors
If you would like to get in touch with our governors please email: email@example.com
Elections to the council of governors
Elections are currently underway in our public membership constituencies of being held in Bradford West and Bradford South. The elections close on Thursday 21 December. Information about our elections.
Interested in standing as a governor?
If you are interested in standing as a governor in the future, please take a look at the latest edition of our governor information booklet.
Please register your interest so we can contact you directly with the nomination forms when a vacancy arises. If you would like to find out more, please contact Jacqui Maurice, Head of Corporate Governance, on 01274 382685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org