Why choose us?
In summary, 2008/09 was a year in which more of our patients were treated more quickly, and more safely, in
more modern facilities. The pages that follow give you more information about our many successes:
- We have continued to meet waiting list and waiting time targets
- We have driven down healthcare associated infections, such as MRSA and C-Difficile
- We have achieved a 16 per cent reduction in the number of deaths that occur in hospital
- We have expanded and enhanced patient care by building a modern £10m ward block
- We have opened a state-of-the art £3m lecture theatre
- We have increased our health research income to
- £1.8m - up more than 50 per cent
- We have marked our 5th anniversary as a NHS Foundation Trust
At the Open Day on 17th September 2008 Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust launched it strategy for the next seven years. It is based on six themes.
The best quality and safety of care resulting in outstanding patient satisfaction
This means we can demonstrate the quality of our services to our peers and regulatory bodies, and that you rate our services high.
Modern, fit-for-purpose facilities and equipment
We have some modern and some older facilities. We will transform our facilities and equipment at both hospitals - for example, by accelerating plans to replace Nightingale wards with more modern wards with more single rooms
More care closer to people’s homes
Given a choice, local people prefer to be treated locally. We will provide our community with a choice of services that means you will not need to travel further than necessar.
The right staff, with the right training, in the right place at the right time
The experience of our patients depends upon having the right staff. We want our staff to be committed to what we do to ensure you get the care you deserve. A specialist centre for West Yorkshire We will continue to recruit and develop the people.
A specialist centre for West Yorkshire
We will continue to recruit and develop the people who can provide
specialist services and the latest
A nationally-recognised centre of excellence for education and
applied health research
We will develop our excellent reputation as a teaching hospital, and
carry out more important health
research - the lifeblood of the NHS.